Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hooked on this feeling...

Hello!

Sorry I haven't posted anything here for a while now, but you know...sometimes life gets in the way...LOL.  But I have not been exactly idle in my craft room.  I have been working on a few birthday cards.  I just can't show them to you yet until the friends I was making the cards for have received them.  And of course I was also working on the card below--this I can show you now...tee hee.

This is a midway reminder by the way--we're halfway into our current challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  The theme is...Some like it HOT.  You have another week to get your entries in.  Visit the challenge blog HERE to get more details on the challenge and how to join in the fun.

And if you need inspirations, check out the fabulous cards/projects of my DT teammates--Team A was posted last week HERE and Team B is being posted today HERE

 Here's the card that I came up with...


 
Is this scene cute or what...LOL.  Can you see the fish hook in Tilda's dress?  I used a piece of beading wire and twisted it into shape for the fish hook.   

I was hoping that I could show newer images from Magnolia's latest stamp collection, but I don't have any yet...rats! so these adorable images I'm featuring are from past collections.

 

- Hooked Tilda from the Summer Memories Collection 2012
- Fence and Summer Background from the Summer and Sea Collection 2008
- Waterlily Tilda from the Summer Memories Collection 2012

Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store is an excellent source for your Magnolia stamps.  Diana  carries a large selection of both the full size and mini stamps.  And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, contact Diana and ask her if she can bring it in for you. 
Check out the selection of Wee Stamps by Sylvia Zet and newly introduced to the store are the wonderful Wild Rose Studio stamps.
Prices are discounted!  Along with excellent customer service, you get to earn 2% in-store credit of every order which you can apply to future purchases.  Sweet!


Challenges for this card:
Stempelsonne Challenge #93 - Summer
Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge 108 - Summer Fun
Sister Act Card Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede Challenge #47 - Let's Go Fishing
Polkadoodles Challenge Week 28 - Summer Fun
Creative Fingers Challenge #2 - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew Challenge #40 - The Great Outdoors
Inky Chicks Challenge #8 - Masking (Hooked Tilda was masked when stamping the Fence Background)
A Creative Romance Challenge #3 - Ribbon or Twine (twine for the fishing line)
A Little Bit Crafty July Challenge - "Die-ing" For It!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I very much appreciate your visit.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week. 


Materials and Tools Used:
Sentiments:  Computer generated
DP:  Sandylion Kelly Panacci Around the Corner
Dies:  Spellbinders Standard Circles, Classic Ovals and Fantastic Flourish Two; Crealies Creative Flowers No.02 ; La La Land Crafts Waterlily
Punches:  EK Success large and medium Retro Flowers; Nellie's Floral Punch Extra Large Leaf LFP011, Large Rose Leaf FLP031 and Small Rose Flower FLP027
Miscellaneous:  Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Wild Honey and Aged Mahogany; pearls, beading wire (for the fish hook) and twine from my stash
Colouring Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Trias

48 comments:

Elena F Scrap said...

WOW Norma; very very creative and fun!; I love it and how you colour; sure this going to see more times!.
Elena F.

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Oh wow this is such a great card. Love how you combined the 2 images together.
Hugs Miranda

Dreja said...

Wow! Phantastisch! Was für eine tolles Werk!

Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

LG Dreja

Sarah - Crea S said...

Bright papers, lovely layout and the fish hook is a great idea!
You always come up with just the perfect ideas!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Maris said...

hihi this is soooo cute, loveit well done xx

Louise said...

Fabulous card, so funny, love the fish hook scene. Very clever :)
Louise

JenniferD said...

Wow a Totally Awesome Scene! Great Imagination you have such a great thing! Have a Lovely week!

rovianne said...

Oh my goodness this is sooooo cute! Love the scene you created Norma. Gorgeous card

Mojca said...

Ohhhhh sooooo funny!!!! just love how you made the hook and attached it to her little dress, totally original! Love it!!! hugs! MOjca

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I don't even want to say that this is a beautiful card....it's more like a piece of art! So wonderfully creative! I can't imagine the time you put in. So glad you entered Sister Act Card Challenge this week!
Hugs~
Trisha-DT Member

Dili's Creaties said...

wouw wat een leuke kaart zeg

groetjes Dili

Christina C. said...

WOW....as always, your work of art takes my breath away!!!!! I saw this masterpiece on FB and had to come by your blog to admire it closely! Unbelievably gorgeous, Norma! Your card style and designs are always brilliant.
Hahaha...indeed, life gets in the way of hobbies sometimes!

Riet Kamstra said...

Great idea Norma, with the fish hook in little Tilda's dress! It's such a pretty scene to look at and I love all the water lilies :)

Riet

Christine Dol said...

I love summer too...but I absolutely adore you card!!! What a great idea Norma! Awesome card...awesome colouring and those clouds...wowzers!

loz said...

Fantastic card and beautiful coloring..Loz

Anjie said...

just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Anjie

Aartje said...

Beautyfull, I love the scene you have created, it makes me smile.
Hugs Aartje

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

What to say?
Wauuuu
I admire
hugs Tamara

Anne said...

Oh wow! Love those images "together", such a fun summer card!
Great colors, amazing coloring, and the folding and all looks wonderful.

Hugs, Anne.

Angelique said...

Stunning card and fabulous colouring.
Love your choice of matchin papers.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Janine said...

What an awesome card Norma. Fabulous design and amazing detail in your colouring!
Hugs, Janine xx

Ann Marie Governale said...

Oh Norma, how lucky am I that I get to comment on your card. You know what a fan I am of your talent...this card is no exception. What a beautifully colored image. I just love the card design with all its fabulous embellishments is just perfect for our challenge. THanks so much for participating in this weeks Ribbon and Twine challenge at A Creative Romance. We hope to see you enter your lovely creations in our upcoming challenges! xxx Ann Marie

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely, positively fabulous. Wonderful design and wonder coloring.

Inky Angel said...

How awesome is this! You've done it again, another fabulous creation. The scene you've created is humorous and beautiful. Have a great week.
Hugs, Katie

Sonia said...

OMG! norma, your coloring is amazing...love it and love a bunch of other cards... I was browsing for a while and your cards are stunning! ...all of them!
Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge... HUGS... SK:)
SKdigis

Tina said...

Absolut perfekt ist das Werk. Toll

Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

LG Tina

Diana Crick said...

My gracious what an adorable card. So clever having the fish hook attached to Tilda. I enjoy seeing the older images as it reminds me just how creative the designer, Pauline is! She draws all the images.
Amazing card Norma!!
hugs, Diana

Bev said...

Stunning work Norma! Many thanks or joining in with us over at Polkadoodles!

Suriana Ju said...

WOW ! Awesome.

Karen said...

Love this! Very clever!!!

Unknown said...

Wow my friend Wow!!!!! What a spectacular card!!!!! Your work always amazes me. These cards are just works of art!!!!! Love love this card!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ingenious. Anything Tilda I love. I am partial to her.

Karen said...

Such an awesome card! Great images and looks like everyone is having fun.

Karen

The Craft Bucket said...

Wow, wow, wow, love it so much. What else can I say! Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC this month & good luck. Jane x

Candy said...

Norma,
Your card is incredible!!
Your mind just keeps on giving ideas :o)
Fantastic colouring and fold. Love that you have used 3 images. Think the fish hook is wonderful!
Big Hugs, Candy

Suzi Mac said...

OMG!!! you've done it again my dear Norma, a stunning, different and amazing creation. Your colouring and design are awesome.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor Norma, This is so clever, beautifully coloured and designed
Hugs Julie P

EnblogSail said...

Such s fun looking card!
Caryl

Kelly said...

Genious! I love the two images together and hooking the other one is great! Very creative and made me smile. Your coloring is amazing, gorgeous love your card!
Hugs Kelly

Danielle Champagne said...

WOW WOW WOW Norma, this is outstanding. No need to show new images with a spectacular scene like this one. You are brilliant my friend. and I love love your sentiments. TOTALLY ADORABLE... Have a wonderful day. and may your life bring you courage and everything you need to go through whatever is getting in the way of crafting. Hugs.

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, you are so clever! Those images look like they were meant to be used together. Your card made me smile and it is just gorgeous!
Hugs,
Suzan

Unknown said...

What am absolutely wonderful card! Love the images and the coloring and the background is great! Thanks for joining in at our Fishing challenge at QKR this week.
Trudy, DT
http://stickyfingersblog.blogspot.com

NPurdum56 said...

Another totally awesome card! What a neat idea for this card! Wonderful! Lovely coloring, too! :) Nancee

maria valderez said...

Such an awesome card! Great images and looks like everyone is having fun.

Valderez

Kimberly S said...

This is just the cutest summer scene, and your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers challenge! :) hugs, Kimberly

Yulis Kartika said...

dear Norma .. your creativity looks like no limit at all! so genius on this card and I always love the way you coloring too..
in and out this card my word is just STUNNING!
big hugs,
Yulis

Laura said...

Brilliant Norma! I love that snagged dress, it's so creative! I'm really liking your homemade flowers too!

Laura C.

Dangina Martinez said...

So stinking cute. Love your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...