Monday, September 10, 2012

Halloween - Sweet Stamping Pixies September Challenge

Hello.

It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stamping Pixies.  Our theme for the September challenge is Halloween.  Here's my DT card...


The flower was an eleventh hour decision, because the area there looked so bare.  Should have put a more Halloween-themed embellishment but I didn't have anything else.  Probably should have made another spider...LOL.

This adorable image is one of Mo Manning's from Mo's Digital Pencil called Fall Fairy Jesen.  I've coloured it with markers and added glitter to the wings.


I hope you will come and play with us in our challenge.  The rules have been relaxed and now you are allowed to use fairy like images like e.g. Magnolia, hAnglar & sTanglar, TFG, etc. without wings!  You can find more details of the challenge and the prize at the Sweet Stamping Pixies challenge blog HERE.  Also have a look at the fabulous cards of my DT teammates for more inspirations.

As for myself...LOL, challenges I am entering with this card:
Crafting Life's Pieces Sketch Challenge #51
Allsorts Challenge Week 171 - Layers
Bronte and Bella's Challenge #151 - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create September Challenbe - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge #2 - Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges - Halloween
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenges - Lots of layers
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge #73 - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  I very much appreciate your visit and your encouraging comments.  Have a wonderful week.


Materials and Tools Used:
DP's:  Recollections Garden Floral Paper Pad
Dies:  Memory Box Twiggy Tree
Punches:  EK Success medium Retro Flower; Martha Stewart Pine Branch and Scary Fence edge punch; Nellie Snellen Extra Large Leaf
Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink pad Black Soot; brads from my stash
Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Tria markers



20 comments:

Lady E said...

OMG this is so sweet :) Cute and lovely! Love the spider!
Hugs
Lady E

Creations by Shirl said...

Super sweet card Norma, it's so festive for Halloween...
TFS - enjoy your new week!

Chrissy said...

Fantasti Halloween card Norma, amazing colouring and just love this image, he is gorgeous.I love the trees and spider, fabulous details.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card Norma!
Hugs
Cordine

Unknown said...

Fabulous Halloween card sweetie and I think the flower looks right at home there! Thanks for joining Challenges 4 Everybody!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

Sue said...

This is fabulous. I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful. I love the detailing and the fab spider!!

Sue

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the adorable image and fabulous design. Fab papers and colours and love the spooky embellishments xx

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma, flower or spider, your card is totally beautiful. I do love the little fences and the black trees, and that cute spider! the image is adorable. very lovely card! Hugs.

mlarisa said...

Great card! As always, the colors are very beautiful! Norm, I made a Card Pee-a-boo of your tutorial. Everything turned out great! Come to see: http://mlarisa.blogspot.com/2012/09/peek-boo.html

brenda said...

Bloggers really not playing fair with me this morning Norma and doesn't want to show me your pictures, but I can still thank you for joining us Allsorts this work.

B x

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

What a lovely card.
Hugs Miranda

Mojca said...

The colors really scewam fall. I love the image and your beautiful colouring. hugs! Mojca

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your Halloween card is so darling! I love the spiderweb and the trees! And, the beautifully colored image is so cute!
Hugs,
Suzan

Tracy said...

Lots of fun things to catch your eye on this card. :-) I really like how you did his wings. Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing this week at Mo's!

Craftnut said...

Spooky Card! thanks for sharing your halloween make with us at allsorts this week, Tracyx

Anonymous said...

What a darling little fairy, very sweet Norma
Hugs julie P

ddazzled71 said...

This is simply stunning! You have colored this beautiful image so wonderfully and I love your design and all the different elements. Thanks so much for joining us at My Heart Pieces for our Lots of Layers Challenge and Good Luck!
Danie xx

Judith said...

How cute is this - a sweet card for Halloween thanks for playing along at delightful challenges this week hugs Judith x

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable Halloween card! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!
~DEANNE~

Unknown said...

This is just mind blowing, I love those paper trees and spider.Perfect.Thanks for joining with us at My Heart Pieces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...